WPGear.org is a compendium of useful developer tools for working with WordPress.
WordPress-Gear is meant to be community driven, please feel free to jump in and add/remove any useful information via GitHub.
The easiest way to contribute is to have a GitHub account then click index.md, then click edit. This will automatically fork this project to your account so you can make changes, then submit a pull request. There are additional instruction if you want to clone this locally in the readme.
Please refrain from submitting any commercial products or themes. Links
must allow for code browsing (github/bitbucket/svn..etc).
I will now be posting updates to this page via my twitter account: https://twitter.com/wycks_s
Compressed format (.zip or .tar.gz)
Revision control (core) - These builds roll the latest commits.
Unit Testing and profiling
Command line fu
- WP-CLI - The command-line tool for managing WordPress.
- WP-PowerShell - Windows powershell for the WP-CLI
- VimPress - Post to WordPress from Vim
- SublPress - Post to WordPress in Sublime
- wp-composer - Adds Composer dependency management to plugins/themes via WP-CLI.
WordPress snippets and auto-completions
Plugins that help with debugging
Debug Bar and extensions
Most of these are PHP classes
- Theme Customizer Controls - Custom controls for your theme customizer page
- Wordless - Haml, Compass and Coffeescript (Ruby)
- Forge - Sass, LESS, and CoffeeScript (Ruby)
- Compass WordPress - Sass
- Grunt-WP-Theme - Grunt Scaffold (node)
- Prometheus Front-end foundation (LESS, wpthumb)
- WordPress Template Base File structure based on several themes and template hierarchy
- Theme-Check - Test your theme and make sure it’s up to spec
- Monster Widget - Provides a quick and easy method of adding all core widgets to a sidebar for testing purposes.
- Timber - Write your theme using Twig templates (similar to Mustache, Handlebars, etc.)
- Cutlass - Develop your theme using Laravel’s Blade Templating Engine
- Sprig - Develop your theme using the Twig Templating Engine (similar to Timber)
If you are looking for theme option frameworks, look above under “Framework stuff”.